Senior General Foreman
We are currently seeking a skilled, motivated, and experience Senior General Foreman to supervise crews on complex construction projects.
A Senior General Foreman is responsible for safety, schedule, assignment and supervisions of manpower, work performance, material procurement planning, quality control, communication with project team, and onsite customer relations on our projects.
- Must have ran electrical projects up to 10 million dollars.
- Effectively and strategically plan work. Scheduling manpower and work tasks to minimize labor costs, ordering material and equipment ahead of scheduled installations, managing tools.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, submittals, specifications, and BIM detailing.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Keep-up-to-date with changing technology, Switch business systems, electrical codes and safety practices. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Test electrical systems using tools to determine where issues may be occurring, the safety of the system and to ensure compatibility
- Document actions, testing results, observations, final diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for each job or situation
- Determine the steps necessary to assess an electrical situation and troubleshoot using testing devices, blueprints and maps
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and also through reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to supervisor
- Use ladders, scaffolding and lifts to work on electrical systems in commercial properties
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of work area
- Be able to bend 1/2' up to 4" conduits
- Be able to utilize required tools and equipment for each specific task as necessary
- 10+ years of experience in the electrical trade
- Develop the construction schedule for the overall project and continually monitor and adjust as needed
- Ability to contribute to the installation or direct others through the installation and troubleshooting process
- Ability to coordinate manpower needs
- Ability to coordinate or place material orders after a competition price comparison has been completed
- Maintain compliance with company, state and OSHA safety standards
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays: 7 paid holidays and one rotating holiday
- Pay it forward Time Off: All employees have (1) additional paid time off to willingly offer their time to serve the community or volunteer at their choice of place, subject to the other terms of the time off policy.
- Health Benefits: All employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) Retirement: The Company provides a 100% match of the first 4% of employee’s contribution each year, to the plan. Eligibility for the plan begins the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Education: Switch Electric, Inc., will determine financial contribution for employees pursue of education, upon receiving information such as costs and schedule of classes.